Pro Bono Partnership of Ohio serves qualifying 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations located in the Cincinnati and Dayton areas. All clients are screened by PBPO staff to ensure eligibility under our internal guidelines.
In general, to qualify to become a client of Pro Bono Partnership of Ohio, the nonprofit must:
1) be a registered 501(c)(3) public charity tax-exempt organization;
2) serve low-income or disadvantaged people or otherwise contribute to the quality of life in our area;
3) offer programs that have a demonstrable impact on the community;
4) be located in or serve the Cincinnati or Dayton areas (we currently only serve Ohio nonprofits); and
5) be unable to pay for legal services without significant impairment of its program services.
Please note that we do not assist individuals or for-profit organizations. Additionally, while we work with organizations that provide services irrespective of religious affiliation, we do not assist on matters that primarily promote religious purposes.
If your organization does not fit the above criteria, click here for more local resources.